APPLY FOR THE 2022 POOLPAK Scholarship
Thanks for your interest in the 2022 PoolPak Scholarship! Please read the following application requirements carefully and submit your application using the form at the bottom of the page.
A complete application comprises the following three items:
- Letters of reference
Note: While each criterion will contribute to the overall evaluation process, equal weight will not be applied when determining a final score. Rather, each criterion will serve to assist in distinguishing the exceptionalities and strengths among the candidates.
Applicants must provide a copy of their most recent transcript. An electronic unofficial version is acceptable. We may ask for an official copy at a later date.
Applicants must submit a three-part essay that covers the following topics and does not exceed four pages in total (approximately 2,000 words):
- A personal statement: This is an opportunity for the applicant to describe him/herself, providing background on his/her education, academic goals, interests, school activities, work experience in the field, etc.
- Download the Natatorium Design Guide (link below) and, using the Guide, provide the following:
a) A summary of one concept or chapter that is most interesting or new to you and why.
b) An answer to the following question:
Proper chloramine control is one of the most critical aspects of an indoor pool’s HVAC design. Why is this? What are some best practices for reducing chloramines?
Download the PDF of the Natatorium Design Guide below.
- A reflection on the applicant’s community involvement: The applicant should tell us about the activities he/she has been a part of to give back to or participate in the engineering community. In addition, the applicant should briefly explain the role and importance of community involvement in his/her life.
Letters of Reference
Each applicant must include two letters of reference (written within the last 12 months from the time the application is submitted) from two separate individuals who can comment in detail on the applicant’s academic progress, personal strengths, and any other aspects of his/her life that support the application. A reference may be an employer or supervisor, clergy member, academic advisor, department head, academic planner, etc. These reference letters should be forwarded with the application package.
Application Deadline and Award Date
The deadline to apply for the 2022 PoolPak scholarship is June 30, 2022. The scholarship will be awarded by July 29, 2022, through the post-secondary institution the recipient is attending.
PoolPak Scholarship Ambassador Program
By submitting an application, the successful recipient agrees to become a member of the PoolPak Ambassador Program and participate in the following ways:
- Agree to have name and likeness promoted via traditional and social media
- Provide quote in press release(s)
- Be provided Certified gear from PoolPak, along with a PoolPak “student certification” certificate
- Be provided an opportunity to have a natatorium design lecture from the PoolPak National Sales Manager at the recipient’s post-secondary institution
- Be provided an opportunity to complete a paid internship at one of three North American factories – a three-to-four-month commitment
- When schedule allows and when it makes sense given the travel landscape, take part in PoolPak public events in person or online as a guest/speaker
Eligible applicants will be considered for the PoolPak Scholarship. Should that applicant choose to apply for a scholarship offered by a sister brand company of Dehumidified Air Solutions, a separate application is required.
NOTE: We can only know applicants through the information they provide. Please be thorough.
If you are having trouble submitting your application or have questions about this scholarship that have not been answered here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.